Monday, October 15, 2007

Can Nobel Prize winners in Economics explain my 96 cent phenomenon today?

The Nobel Prize in Economics was awarded to three American economists today for creating and developing a sophisticated explanation of the interaction among individuals, markets and institutions.

Link here: 3 Americans Win Nobel in Economics

But they can't explain the fact that my day today was highlighted by a once in a lifetime phenomenon. I left my office in midtown New York and grabbed a soup & sandwich for lunch at the Hale & Hearty on 54th street. The total came to something and 4 cents and the woman annoyingly returned a handful of change tallying 96 cents. I lugged it around all day until on my way home I stopped in my corner store in the East Village to buy a magazine and a jar of peanut butter. The cost? $10.96!!! I threw down a ten, scooped the 96 friggin' cents from my pocket and smiled all the way home.

Joy comes in the smallest ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment