Monday, November 19, 2007

Chuck Norris Hearts Huckabee in the Best Political Ad of All Time

Mike Huckabee, the populist social conservative dark horse from Arkansas, has been stirring up the masses in Iowa recently. Against the odds, he's ascended to the number-two Republican spot in the Hawkeye state just 45 days from the caucus. But when I saw that he was getting ready to release his first television ad there today, starring Chuck Norris, I thought his time might be up. This guy has had a good run, I thought, but he appears to be a half-step away from announcing that David Hasselhoff will be managing his campaign from here on out.

Then I watched the ad. I now believe that this man will be the next president of the United States. It is simply the coolest political ad in the history of political advertising. We have all underestimated this man in a bad, bad way. See for yourself, but an ordained Baptist minister who uses Walker, Texas Ranger in an ad while essentially interviewing for the biggest job of his life has my utter and complete respect.

Now, if only he'd drop his anti-free trade beliefs, populist fiscal policy, and pro-social conservative agenda, he might have my vote as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment